Thursday, December 14, 2017 — TORONTO – The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced on Thursday the team’s schedule for the 2018 season.
The Argos’ regular season will open with a Grey Cup rematch against the visiting Calgary Stampeders on Saturday, June 23, at 7:00 p.m. ET, one of seven Saturday games the team will host next season.
Other highlights from the 2018 home schedule:
- Weekend Consistency: After hosting five Saturday home games in 2017, the Argos will play host seven times on Saturday in 2018.
- The remaining home games will be played on Thursday (August 2 vs. OTT) and Friday (October 12 vs. HAM).
- Return of the Labour Day Rematch: After a one-year hiatus, the Argos will once again host the rival Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the week following the Labour Day Classic.
- Bye weeks in Week #3, Week #9 and Week #14.
- The return of one game during the CNE as the Argos welcome the BC Lions to BMO Field on Saturday, August 18, at 4:00 p.m. Free admission to the CNE included with the purchase of a game ticket.
Additional notes from the full schedule:
- The Argos will open the season against the Saskatchewan Roughriders for the seventh time in team history and will kick off the season in Saskatchewan for the fourth time.
- The Week Two home opener against the Stamps will be the second time the Argos have hosted Calgary in a home opener.
- For the second straight year, the Redblacks are the lone East Division team that the Argos will square off just twice with.
- The back half of the season figures to have major playoff implications, with six of the nine games against East Division opponents. The final four games of the season come against the East.
Season tickets for the 2018 Argonauts season are now available. Fans have the opportunity to select from several affordable in-bowl seating options as well as a variety of premium seating clubs, lounges and suites. Season ticket packages include 11 home games, including one preseason game, nine regular season games and an early reservation for a home playoff game.
Senior Director, Communications & Content