Saturday, July 29, 2017 —
TALE OF THE GAME:
· The Toronto Argonauts dropped to 3-3 on Saturday afternoon after suffering a 38-27 loss to the Saskatchewan Roughriders at Mosaic Stadium.
· Argos QB Ricky Ray became the franchise leader in passing yards with a five-yard strike to RB/SB Anthony Coombs in the fourth quarter surpassing longtime record holder Condredge Holloway (16,619). Ray also became the club’s all-time leader in passing attempts (Holloway – 1,989) in the first quarter on Saturday afternoon. Ray needs four passing touchdowns to become the club's outright all-time leading passer.
· 2016 CFL Draft pick Llevi Noel scored the first major for the Double Blue with a seven-yard reception from Ricky Ray. Noel’s TD on Saturday afternoon marks just the second of his career and his first from Ray.
· Ricky Ray posted his sixth consecutive game with the 300+ passing yards on Saturday vs. the Riders. Ray’s 386-yard performance this afternoon at Mosaic Stadium notches a feat which he has never accomplished in his 15-year career – 506 in Week 1, 327 in Week 2, 366 in Week 3, 330 in Week 4, 367 in Week 5. Additionally, his three-touchdown game on Saturday was his first since last year’s Labour Day Classic in Hamilton on September 5, 2016. The 15-year veteran currently leads the CFL with 2,282 passing yards.
· In his first return to Regina since being traded to Toronto at the start of training camp in June, WR Armanti Edwards hauled in five passes for 74 yards on Saturday.
· For the second consecutive week Argos SB/RB Anthony Coombs led all pass catchers with nine catches for 98 yards. In the last four games, the Argos 2013 CFL Draft pick has hauled in 29 passes for 307 yards and a touchdown, an average of 10.5 yards per catch.
· Argos DE Shawn Lemon registered four tackles and a sack in his first return to Regina since being traded to Toronto on July 2, 2016. Since being traded the seven-year CFL veteran has recorded 33 tackles and 18 sacks in 22 games with the Double Blue.
· DE Troy Davis proved his worth in his first start as an Argonaut. The Central Florida product recorded a sack for the second consecutive week and added three tackles.
· Bears Woods had another productive game, registering a team-high eight tackles. Woods has now registered 29 tackles in six games, an average of 4.8 per game since joining the Double Blue. His performance on Saturday afternoon marks his fourth game with 5+ tackles since joining the club on July 8 – WK2 - 6, WK3 - 8, WK4 -9, WK 6 -8
Manager, Communications & Player Relations