TALE OF THE GAME:
- The Toronto Argonauts traveled to Investors Group Field in Winnipeg, Manitoba, to take on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in their first Western road trip of the season. In a full four-quarter chess match, the Double Blue dropped to 2-2 following a 33-25 loss to the Bombers on Thursday.
- In just his second career CFL game, RB/KR Martese Jackson gave the Argonauts their first lead of the game (10-7) in the first quarter by way of a 78-yard punt return touchdown. Jackson was freed by a crucial block from 2017 CFL Draft pick Nakas Onyeka that took out a pair of Bombers in pursuit on the play. Jackson's first career touchdown marked the Argos first punt return touchdown since Chad Owens 85-yard return on September 26, 2015, in Ottawa. The Florida Atlantic product finished the night with a total of 339 return yards (148 punt return, 191 kickoff return), ranking him fourth all-time in CFL history for total kick return yards in a single-game. Additionally, Jackson’s total return yards ranks second in Argos single-game history behind Bashir Levingston's 345 yards on August 24, 2005 vs. Calgary.
- SJ Green passed Argos legend Michael Pinball Clemons and Jason Tucker to slide into the Top 50 receivers all-time in the second quarter on Thursday night. Green now has 7,098 career yards in his 11 CFL seasons; he finished the night with five catches for 85 yards.
- Argonauts QB Ricky Ray registered a 300+ yard passing game for the fourth consecutive week, throwing for 330 yards on 27-of-46 passing. Ray’s four consecutive games with 300+ passing yards marked the fifth time that he has done so in his career and the first since the 2009 CFL season. The 15-year veteran has registed five consecutive 300-yard passing games on just one occasion – June 17 to July 20, 2006.
- Canadian kicker Lirim Hajrullahu connected on 6-of-6 field goal attempts in just his second return to Investors Group Field. The Western University product’s six field goals tie a career high for field goals made in a game. Hajrullahu last converted six kicks against the BC Lions on July 7, 2016.
- LB Bear Woods led the Argonauts defence with nine tackles, the most he has had in a single game since joining the club in June. The sure-handed tackler has now registered a total of 24 defensive tackles in four games and 5+ in the Argos last three outings (WK2 - 6, WK3 - 8, WK4 -9).
- Fourth-year Argo Anthony Coombs led the club and notched a career-high in catches (8) and receiving yards (94). The Argos 2013 CFL Draft pick needs just 19 catches to reach 150 in his career.
- WR Khalil Paden, who signed with the Argonauts via free agency this past off-season, had a career-high six catches for 59 yards on the night.
- 10-year CFL veteran Brandon Whitaker moved into the Top 40 rushers in CFL history on Thursday night. Whitaker’s 19 yards on the ground pushed him past Gerry McDougall for 40th on the CFL’s All-Time list.