Friday, June 30, 2017 —
TALE OF THE GAME:
- The Toronto Argonauts dropped to 1-1 after suffering a 28-15 loss to the BC Lions on Friday night at BMO Field. In the last seven games between the two teams, the home team has fallen short. The last home win in the series came in Toronto on July 20, 2013.
- The Argonauts defense pounced early on the BC Lions with an opening drive quarterback sack and forced fumble on Lions QB Jonathan Jennings. On the night, the Argos defence recorded five quarterback pressures, four sacks, and forced a pair of turnovers.
- The Argonauts conceded their first pair of touchdowns on Friday night vs. the Lions. It took 105 minutes and 35 seconds (3:35 in the 4th quarter) for an opponent to score a touchdown against the Argos D.
- DE Victor Butler picked up where he left off vs. Hamilton with two sacks, one forced fumble and four tackles on the night. In two games, he has posted four tackles, four sacks, and two forced fumbles.
- Argos QB Ricky Ray finished the night with 327 yards and a touchdown on 30-of-45 passing. The 15-year veteran needs just two touchdowns to become the sixth QB in CFL history to throw 300 career touchdowns and leads the CFL with 833 passing yards in the first two weeks of the season.
- Argos DT Cleyon Laing tallied a fumble recovery for the second week in a row while DB Johnny Sears Jr. recorded his first interception since the 2015 CFL season.
- Coming off his first career 100-yard game last week vs. Hamilton, WR DeVier Posey had another productive night hauling in five passes for 71 yards. He currently sits among the league receiving leaders with 218 receiving yards.
- DL Shawn Lemon added 2 quarterback sacks and 2 defensive tackles on the night. Lemon’s two sacks marked his eleventh multi-sack game in his CFL career.
- LB Bear Woods was a sure tackler for the Boatmen on Friday, leading the Argos defence with eight tackles. Additionally, Marcus Ball had another productive game defensively with seven tackles (6 DT, 1 ST). Ball has now recorded 5+ tackles in each of the last two weeks.
- Newcomer Armanti Edwards has been a sure handed target for QB Ricky Ray. On Friday night vs. BC, Edwards led the Argos by catching all 10 passes he was targeted on for a team leading 131 yards and a touchdown. Edwards has now caught all 16 passes thrown his way this season.
- Since missing a 49-yard field goal attempt in the third quarter last week, Argos kicker Lirim Hajrullahu has connected on his last six attempts after going three-for-three tonight.
Manager, Communications & Player Relations
Senior Director, Communications & Content