Saturday, October 7, 2017 —
TALE OF THE GAME:
- The Toronto Argonauts fell to 27-24 to the Saskatchewan Roughriders at BMO Field on Saturday afternoon. Toronto moves to 7-8-0 on the season yet remains atop the East Division.
- Argos special teams ace Llevi Noel continued his tackle streak, extending it to six games after notching a special teams tackle vs. the Riders. The Toronto native ranks second in the CFL with 22 special teams tackles on the season, trailing Ottawa’s Keelan Johnson by three heading into the Redblacks' game on Saturday night.
- Argos RB James Wilder Jr. had another productive night at BMO Field prior to leaving the game in the fourth quarter. The FSU product finished the night with 161 yards from scrimmage on 20 touches. In three Argos home games at BMO Field over the last month, Wilder has now amassed 636 combined yards and two touchdowns.
- 15-year CFLer Ricky Ray completed 29-of-39 passes for 341 yards and two touchdowns. Ray leads the league with 4,420 passing yards and needs an average of 193 yards per game in the Argos' next three games to eclipse the 5,000-yard mark for the fourth time in his career.
- RB/KR Martese Jackson caught his first career offensive touchdown on a 31-yard screen pass from Ricky Ray. Jackson has now scored a major in each of the Argos last three games.
- DB Rico Murray posted his best performance statistically in Double Blue with six tackles and a sack while first-year Argo Qudarius Ford also notched a season-high eight tackles in the game.
- In his first CFL game and start Argos LB Akeem Jordan led the Argos with 10 tackles, posting the highest single-game total of any Argo this season.
- Argos kicker Lirim Hajrullahu has been streaking as of late, hitting 3-of-3 field goal attempts. Since missing a 37-yard field goal attempt with 59 seconds remaining in the Labour Day Classic in Hamilton, the Western product has connected on his last 11 field goal attempts.
Senior Director, Communications & Content