Saturday, August 26, 2017 —
TALE OF THE GAME:
- The Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats went head-to-head in the 47th installment of the Labour Day Classic on Monday night. After falling 24-21, the Argos enter the bye week with a 4-7 record while the Ticats pulled off their first win of the season and improved to 1-8.
- Ricky Ray passed for 325 yards and two touchdowns on 34-for-47 passing against the Ticats. It was Ray's 86th career 300-yard passing game and his third consecutive against Hamilton.
- In his second game back in the lineup, Argos WR DeVier Posey hauled in five passes for 47 yards and two touchdowns. With four touchdowns in 2017, the Ohio State product now ranks second on the team in receiving touchdowns behind S.J. Green (5).
- S.J. Green led the Argos in receiving on the night, bringing in nine passes for 103 yards. In the process, Green cracked the 1,000-yard mark for the season, becoming the second player in the league to do so in 2017.
- Linebacker Marcus Ball picked off Jeremiah Masoli on the third play of the game, posting his second interception of the season and the sixth of his career. Ball's single-season high in interceptions came during the 2013 season when he had three.