Saturday, August 26, 2017 —
TALE OF THE GAME:
- The Toronto Argonauts (4-6) headed West on Saturday to finish off the season series with the Calgary Stampeders (7-1-1), falling 23-7 on the road at McMahon Stadium.
- The Argonauts defence started the game strong, forcing the Stampeders into four consecutive punts before coming away with six points of their own on an interception return touchdown on the Stamps fifth possession. The unit allowed just 23 total points in the game, well below Calgary's average production of 29.8 offensive points per game.
- Marc Trestman coached his 100th career CFL game on Saturday night. The Argos head coach now possesses a 63-37 record in five and a half seasons.
- Cassius Vaughn picked off Bo Levi Mitchell in the second quarter of the game, returning his third interception of the season 115 yards for his first career CFL touchdown.
- Argos WR S.J. Green hauled in four passes for 49 yards tonight, moving past the 7,500-yard mark in his CFL career during the game. He now ranks #46 overall in career receiving yards (7,525), approaching Terrence Edwards' 7,637 yards.
- Canadian defensive lineman Linden Gaydosh hauled down Mitchell in the backfield on two occasions, notching the first two sacks of his Argos career.
- The Argos' two sacks in Saturday's game give the team a league-high 32 and a total of eight in two games against the Stamps, who have allowed just 12 sacks all season.
- In his return to the lineup, DeVier Posey hauled in five passes for 59 receiving yards. He has totaled 24 receptions for 339 receiving yards and two touchdowns in four games this season.
Senior Director, Communications & Content